Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

July 23, 2009

Why is Reading SO IMPORTANT???

Reading is a Life Skill that opens up so many possibilities.

There are many reasons why reading is so important, but I will leave you with my Top Ten:

10. In order to be successful in school, you must be able to read.

9. Reading = Food (Menus & Cookbooks)

8. Filling out ANY form requires the skills of reading.

7. I would not be able to drive without being able to read! I had to read my learner's permit test and my driver's test booklet in order to get my license! Every time a person drives, she/he reads street signs and maps.

6. Technology: Websites, E-mails, Text Messages

5. Directions on how to use my digital camera, my ipod, my coffee maker, my DVR! What directions do you want to read?

4. Taking Medicines: What if you could not read the dose you needed?

3. Reading helps develop a positive self image.

2. Reading = Power (Those who read well are more successful.)

1. Reading is an endless communication tool !

Just think.... nations were built on words....

Why do you think reading is so important?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete