Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

January 23, 2010

More Poetry Please !!

Here is my other great find from last week. It is a wonderful book of fun poems that children will just love!

Silly Street by Jeff Foxworthy has 28 poems about hats, magic, butterflies, and other fun places a child might visit.

There are rhyming patterns, sensory images, similes, and metaphors in these poems. Some of these poems would be wonderful to teach the reading comprehension strategy of visualization. These poems are great read alouds for a grade 2 or 3 class. I could also see myself teaching my poetry unit with this book to my 4th or 5th graders.

I cannot wait to plan some reading lessons with these poems for the child I tutor!

Happy Reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment