Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

January 21, 2010

My Favorite Caldecott Books

I promised to share my favorite picture books that won a Caldecott. Here are three of my favorites.


Lon Po Po: A Red-Riding Hood Story from China by Ed Young.
The pictures are so vivid! I used the book every year in 4th grade when I taught my fairy tales unit. The class always did a compare/contrast with this book.


Abraham Lincoln by Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire (Yes this is from 1940).
I clearly remember my 3rd grade teacher reading this book to me. It is one of those childhood memories that sticks out in my head! I loved the story and the old fashioned pictures.



The Three Pigs by David Wiesner
This is such a clever book! I love how the pigs jump out of the story frames and visit other fairy tales. This is a great story to teach inferences and point of view. I just love how creative the story & illustrations are in this book!

Well, there you have it! What are your favorite picture books and why?
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment