Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

April 12, 2010

Book Clubs Discussions

My district uses book clubs. I love this part of my day! Most teachers love to read and discuss children's books. Children, however, have difficulty just talking about what they read with out some guidance. I am always trying something new when I meet with my book clubs!

Today I gave my kidos a sheet of 6 possible response cards. Here are the prompts:


This part was good because...


I love when ________ happened because...


I have a connection to the character, _________, because....


If I could change one part of this chapter, I would change...


I wish I understood why...


My favorite part was when...

These prompts worked great. I loved how each student choose a different prompt (which of course will not always happen!) They came to our book club discussion more prepared to talk about the chapter they had read!

There are so many possibilities for using these prompts outside of book clubs, too! Hope you can find a use for them!

Happy Reading!

1 comment: