Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

May 25, 2010

A Poetry Read Aloud

Here is a fun story written by Andrew Clements who has written a variety of books for 4th and 5th graders!

I just fell in love with this book when I saw it at my school book fair last week!


Dogku has a haiku on every page, but is also a clever little story about a stray dog who finds a home. Plus, this book has so many teachable possibilities. I can read it to my first graders and then have them write their own little dog stories. I can read it to my 4th or 5th graders and then have them write their own haiku books. The text also lends itself to making inferences.

I hope you get a chance to read and share this book!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh thanks for sharing! I'm always on the lookout for books that lend themselves well to teaching inference! :)

    ReplyDelete