Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

July 24, 2010

Favorite First Grade Read Alouds!

I love picture books. I have a slight addiction to children's books. I have been resisting the urge to buy them! In honor of another blog I read (It's Not All Flowers and Sausages), I am posting a few of my favorite read alouds that I have used in first grade.


Stellaluna by Janelle Cannon

This is such a sweet story about a baby bat. It teaches us about friendship and family! This illustrations are just as beautiful as the story.




The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

A great first day or first week of school read aloud! It's a story of friendship and sharing. I have used this book in 4th grade on the first day of school with a poetry writing activity.



Click, Clack, MOO: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin

A funny story about cows who go on strike with a surprise ending. The first graders just love it because of the repetitive text and the funny ending!


Lilly's Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes

Lilly loves everything about school until her most prized possession is taken by her teacher. This is a cute book that teaches some valuable lessons.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment