Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

July 29, 2010

Favorite Fourth Grade Read Alouds

I am not ignoring all those wonderful 2nd or 3rd grade teachers, it is just that I am writing about 4th grade because I spent four years teaching there.

I loved it and there are so many wonderful books to read aloud. I taught 5th grade for two years and I just know 5th graders would love some of these books, too!

Sideways Stories from WaySide School by Louis Sachar

Each chapter is a story about a different student in this school! My 4th graders loved the silly tales of each book so much, I would read the next two in the series.


Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech

There are two stories going on in this book. This story is has a mystery, with a friendship theme, and a story about family. My students are hooked every year and always surprised by the ending! I have used this in book club book in grade five and six!


Absolutely Normal Chaos by Sharon Creech

This book is similar to Walk Two Moons. There are some characters in this book from Walk Two Moons, too, but it is a completely different story.

*** Please note there is some delicate material in Chaos that I skip over when I read it aloud. ***



Happy Reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment