Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

March 18, 2011

Hello March !

Yes, I am alive and well. I have been very busy the last few weeks. Life has been crazy! Lately, I feel like I have had no time to myself!


Spring is right around the corner, so I hope everyone is enjoying some fresh air and spring blooms!

Tonight I wanted to share a clever idea from my weekly newsletter from one of my favorite websites The Mailbox Magazine. Enjoy!

Can your students learn from laundry? Sure!

In fact, sorting socks at this center improves word family skills. Prepare several pairs of colorful tagboard socks. Label each pair with a word from a different word family. Place all the socks and a supply of clothespins in a basket. A child finds two socks with words from the same word family and then clips them together with their clothes pin.

There are several ways to adapt this for other games and review lessons. Right now I am thinking about connecting the two parts of a compound word, rhyming words, matching up a short vowel word with the long vowel word (i.e. cap, cape).

Can you think of any more literacy matching concepts?

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have some great ideas on here--looking forward to seeing what's to come!

    ReplyDelete