Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

June 6, 2011

End of the Year Games

Here are three of my favorite games that I use during the final weeks of school. They kids enjoy them as much as I do! Appleletters: I love how this game helps students with making words and spelling. Even my younger readers can play!!

Fowl Play Card Game: This is great because it can be used with any lesson! The students have to answer a question (such as what rhymes with 'rake') before I give them a card! I love their reaction when they get the wolf card and lose all their previous cards! I have played it with K students and 5th graders!



Build a Sentence Board Game: This game is great with my 3rd and 4th graders. It helps me see how far my students have come with language development and sentence structure. I also add questions to the game such as "Which word in your sentence is the verb?"

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment