Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

October 23, 2011

In Honor of Halloween...

Since I have been drooling over the new book If You Give a Dog a Donut, I have been thinking about a way to use as a guide for a writing lesson related to Halloween.

Here is what I came up with:

1. Read some of Laura Numeroff's books. Have several copies available for the students to use for their own writing.

2. Begin a writing templet for your students:
"If you give a witch a cauldron... "
"If you give a witch a broom.... "
" If you give a ghost some gum..."
" If you give a vampire a vegetable..."

3. Have students write their own stories.

With younger students, the teacher and students could write the story together. It could be illustrated by the students and made into a class book. I cannot wait to do this activity!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment