Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

October 9, 2011

Personal Narrative

I was teaching a class about reading and writing personal narratives. I came up with this poster to remind the students what is in a personal narrative. We have been reading several books with a personal narrative theme and this poster comes in handy when we talk about why the books are narratives.

I loved telling the students they are the "STAR" of their personal narrative.

S = Story about me

T = Tells about my feelings

A = Always use I

R = Reader will learn something about me

( You could also use R = Remember to write in sequence)

Students are going to write personal narratives which will be posted on the bulletin board. I will keep with the "star" idea and write "Now Starring....." across the top. Stars with their names will be attached to their writing.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment