Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

November 12, 2011

Turkey Day Time!

I love this time of year! I always notice the students need a 15 minute break because they seem to be more squirrely.

This is when my quick poetry activites come into play. One of my favorites is using the poem below and then having the students draw a picture for the poem. Some years I have the students draw what they are thankful for and other years I have them draw a picture of something they are doing on their day off!

I am thankful for many things
That I just want to sing.
I am thankful for all the food that makes me drool,
And for the day off from school.


** I have had this poem for so long I am not sure where it came from maybe from http://www.gigglepoetry.com/

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment