Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

January 22, 2012

Wordless Picture Books

I love picture books! I have quite a collection! I can spends hours in Barnes and Nobles looking at books. Last night I was looking at some pictures books and was prompted to write a post about wordless pictures books. Here are a few of my favorites:

Some ways I have used wordless picture books in the classroom are to teach story elements, introduce inference, and observe character traits. I have also used them for writing lessons. I love the Mercer Mayer books ( I discovered him in college and even wrote a huge paper about him in my Children's Literature class.) I have even taken a part the books and laminated the pages to use them for narrative writing.

Who else loves wordless picture books? How do use them in the classroom?

Happy Reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment