A nice blogger gave me an award! She is over at Curious Firsties ! GO check out her blog. (Just click on her blog name).
She gave me "The Liebster Award" It is an award that is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.
Here are the questions she asked me:
1. What wakes you up in the morning? This really annoying alarm. GRRR. Sometimes it's my DH.
2. Do you have a hobby that you enjoy? Swimming in the summer, reading when I can, scrapbooking after a trip.
3. Do you have a recipe that you can't live without? I make homemade banana muffins. I love to grab and go them in the AM!
4. What is your favorite movie? I have a few! I love Sleepless in Seattle, Dead Poets Society, Pretty in Pink,It's a Wonderful Life.
5. Why did you decide to start blogging? I had to make a blog for a grad school class and I never stopped after I created it!
6. If you weren't teaching, what would you do instead? I cannot see myself doing anything else. I would love to be a writer.
7. How long have you been teaching and in what grades? I was a classroom teacher for 8 years. Then I was a substitute for a long time ( too long). I have also been a reading specialist. I currently teach grade 2 as a long term substitute.
8. What is your favorite household chore? I don't mind doing the laundry. I love to garden in the summer - I don't really see that as a chore, though.
9. What is a holiday tradition that you love to do each year? Just the whole long weekend of Thanksgiving, from eating with family to shopping with my Mom on Black Friday to tree decorating on Sat. I also love going to Christmas Eve mass with the husband,
10. Where do you like to shop? Target, Kohl's The Loft, Ebay, Barnes and Nobles
11. What is your favorite pin on pinterest? I have a few teacher pins that I like that are related to writing ideas!
I will finish this up during my next post, when I have to nominate some bloggers! (Not enough hours in the day!)