Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

October 12, 2013

Super Second Grade !

I was asked to work in a second grade for a week at a school I worked as as a reading teacher 3 years ago. It was HEAVEN!! Second Graders are the best. It made me miss my second graders from last year, but I was happy to see a lot of my teacher friends! 

I don't know if you know it, but I love to teach writing! Teaching it all day would be my dream job!

First, I read this cute book. It was a book I have never read and now I want a copy!  

We had a class discussion about what made the story so good which led to this cute poster. Looking at it now the OCD in me is going crazy over the sloppy writing. LOL. The example is from the book. 



The we color coded two writing samples to discuss which one was better and why.  Here is an example:  

I loved teaching in the same place all week. I keep hoping there is a job for me right around the corner. 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment