Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

February 9, 2014

Ahh.. Kindergarten

I had been busy getting different projects ready for this week. The kids will be a little crazy because we have 5 days until a week off. I am looking froward to the break even though it will be COLD!  

Here are a few pics from this past week: 
 
We had a parade around the school to celebrate the 
Chinese New Year.

 
We will do this sometime this week.

 
Cute George Washington we will be making this week. 

 
We have been working on the letter N so we made Nurse Nancy

  
This took the kids awhile to finish. They need practice at cutting and we always do one thing at a time. 

 
My copy that the kidos use as a guide.
(Actually it belongs to the classroom teacher - LOL)  

I read somewhere that it takes 6 weeks to develop a new habit. I have been in this kindergarten class for over 6 weeks now as the teacher assistant. I have learned a lot about 5 year old children. I still believe a class of 8 is about all I could handle in terms of 5 year olds. I am pretty confident that I could not be in charge of 20 kindergartners! 

I have learned that giving simple directions helps with students who have special needs. I am enjoying my job, but I will admit that I miss my 2nd graders from last year! I already knew that I loved teaching reading, so my favorite hour is when I teach reading everyday. I have also gained a new found respect for teachers and parents of autistic children. 

I hope everyone has a great week!
Happy Reading! 









No comments:

Post a Comment