I was looking for something different to do with the sight words and came up with this:
1. I review the words on the flash cards.
2. Then I say, "Let's see if I could trick you."
3. I mix the cards up. I flip a card and sometimes say the wrong word to see if the kido really knows his/her sight words.
Example: word card for "where"
- I say " Lets' see if I can trick you. The word is ..."
- I flip the card to show the kido and say "what"
- If the kids says "yes" - I say "I tricked you!"
4. I review 5 words per student.
5. I will say the actual word sometimes and that is usually when I trick the kids.
It has been about a a month of this game and now the kids play with each other under my supervision. I have to help the lower kids that still can't read their words. They really enjoy it and it makes reviewing sight words more fun.
I am sure there are other things it could be used for like letter or number recognition.