Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

August 18, 2014

Tutoring !

Here is my tutoring session in some pictures:

 
We have spent a lot of weeks working on compound words.
I choose a lot of words that make up multiple compound words
 like the picture above.

 
We played a game to practice her recall of compound words.
Each person must write a new word down making a compound word.
Then we count the letters in the word. For example: 
rainbow = 3 points ( b-o-w )
raincoat = 4 points ( c-o-a-t ) 
When neither person can recall anymore words, we total up the points 
and see who is the winner. 

 
We worked on improving vocabulary and writing next. I talked about weak sentences and how to make them better with vivid vocabulary. 

 

Here is my modelling. Then she did two of her own sentences. 


I went to Kohls with my Mom last night and saw this in the store. LOVED IT!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment