Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

September 22, 2014

Tutoring Perk

One of the perks of tutoring, aside from the one on one work, is the fact that I can be a little more creative with lessons. I do not have anyone telling me how to teach or what stories I have to read. I love it. I wish there was a way to tutor all day!

I worked with a kido over the weekend on main idea/details. I had asked this kido the week before some interests. He told me he loves superhero stories. I began the lesson asking him to tell me some things about Superman. Then I wrote them down. I explained how there were details. We wrote a main idea sentence for the details. Here are two pictures from my session:

 

I have some more fun lessons planned to work on main idea/detail.

At school last week, we went to art and the project we did was too hard for the kidos I work with, so we did this instead:


I ran out of time to color my trunk brown. LOL.

We have testing this week, so I am not what I will be doing in my small groups this week. We shall see. Hope everyone has a good week!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment