Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

October 4, 2014

What.... October Already!

I cannot believe it is October. Its my favorite month - pumpkin month!

I have some photos from tutoring and this month's Currently to share! Enjoy!

Playing Compound Challenge
Who knew there were some many for the word sun? 

 Another round

Find the  Main Idea
 

A student refused to follow my directions.
When I went to lunch she wrote this for me:


This past week was a rough one! I was moved to a different room. That is what happens when working as a Teacher's Assistant. In my old district, I was often working in rooms when there were not enough substitute teachers. I miss having my own room. 

It's that time again: 


Trick - Instead of class jobs, choose one "Teacher Assistant/Classroom Helper." It takes care of all those jobs (line leader, paper passer, messenger) and makes a student feel special. I could never remember to switch jobs, so this was a great "trick" for me.

Go check out other Currently posts here:

October Currently

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Currently. I am a lover of fall, too. I made an amazing pumpkin dip last night-- check for the pin on my most recent post! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took the last sip of my pumpkin latte! Fall is my favorite time of the year.

    I'm sorry you've had to move rooms. This happened to four teachers at my school last week and the climate of the building is not a happy one. Good luck with the new surroundings!
    Chrissy at ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the not liking cold thing. Fall is my favorite season but it is ALWAYS followed by snow and cold :( That is the sweetest note from your student. Those are the little things that show they care how we feel.
    Cheers,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that note was so cute! I love fall so much, but I always count the days until the shortest day of the year then say everyday until spring... "One more minute of dayight.. one more day closer to winter being over!" LOL

      Delete