Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

November 16, 2014

Tutoring

Yesterday I had a good tutoring session. I did some work on fact and opinion with the kido. I asked what he remembered about fact and opinion before we started. I then gave him some key ideas about how to tell the difference between the two.

Here are a few pictures:
 
Student read each sentence & told 
me which one was a fact or opinion.

 
I will transcribe sometimes to save time when tutoring. 

We partner read an article called "Thanksgiving and Pumpkin Pie" from superteacherworksheets.com. I stopped after each paragraph and asked which sentences were facts and which were opinions. We color coded the sentences. 
I wish I had taken a picture of the article. I think it was a great lesson!  

I have been teaching about pronouns. I love to teach grammar even if it is not a common practice in the schools anymore. I think it helps with reading and writing in so many ways. Here are two pictures of some things I have been working on while tutoring:


The student then did a worksheet on pronouns. I will do more work on this topic for the next two sessions.

I have a two week break from tutoring which will give me some extra free time which is nice!

I'm off to go enjoy some football~
Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment