Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

February 27, 2015

Happy Friday

I had such a busy week getting back into the swing of things after having a week off that I did not take one picture. I will have to add it to my to do list for next week. I have been teaching character anaylsis to my 4th graders and Folktales with a focus on theme to my 5th graders. I made some cute things to introduce both topics. I cannot wait to take some pictures and share here.

Now, on a personal note:

I love my job!

Yesterday a kido said to me, "It must be cool to teach reading all day!"

He made me smile because he reminded how much I love books and helping struggling readers love books! This kido is a mini-me. When I introduce theme earlier in the week and said "If we planned a theme party, what would it be?" He replied "80's" I looked at him and said, " I loved you before, but now I love you even more!" The kids cracked up! I told them how my husband always tells me I am stuck in the 80's.

As the kids left I thought to myself, it is so nice to develop relationships with young adults. I have no children, so every year I teach, I think of my students as my own... even if it is only for a little while!

It's those little things in teaching that make me love this job. I have been doing it since Jan. 5th! It has been such a joy! I feel the past  two years of the stress and tears have led me to this job. I thank God everyday for this gift!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment