Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

May 17, 2015

Only 24 More Teaching Days!

I have two four day work weeks in a row. The students will be hyped up the next few weeks between the field trips, half day, awards day, and field day!

I started a poetry unit in April because it was our state testing month. Then I had to go be a scoring leader. Then it was the beginning of end of the year reading testing, I just decided to keep going with the poetry unit since the kidos loved it.

Here are a few random pictures from the unit:

 
Teaching personification


 One of my favorite poetic devices. 

 The kidos are now writing poems. 
Do you use "I can" statements where you teach? 

 
Here is a sample poem I wrote. 

I asked the kidos to find the poetic devices. 

 
I love when I have to take a day off and the kids leave me messages!

My Mom and me on Mather's Day! 

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!
Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment