Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

January 10, 2016

Weekly Pictures

I had a great week back. I started a unit on theme in grade 4 and 5. Both kids are beginning to understand this difficult concept. I tired something new this year and it really is helping! In grade 3 I am using the NY module on wolves. The two books are great. I love that as the reading teacher  I can modify for my reading kidos. They really need

Here are some pictures from last week:

Grade one Vowel Patterns 


 

The students also did a word sort during the week. 

One of my kidos hard at work.
 

My first graders are moving along to E books.

Below is a previous writing from one of my students in October. 
  
Here is the kido's writing now. 
I love the growth! 
 I need to work on remembering capitals and end marks. 


 We use "I can" statements in my district.
Do you ?  
 I always tell the students they can be the teacher.
They take turns writing on the board.
Here is the themes they came up with this week.
 The large word at the end cracks me up. 

The snow is finally on it's way. I hope I remember my winter driving skills tomorrow morning! 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment