Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

February 6, 2016

Currently and a Few Pictures

I have had a busy week of meetings and my first mentor meeting with my group. I had my first quiz in my one grad class and wrote my first paper. It is going to be a busy, busy semester! 

Here is this month's Currently. 
 
My husband is a news junkie, so the news is on WAY TOO MUCH in my house!
I spent a quiet Saturday working on grad school work, but the sun was shining and a lot of laundry was done, too! 
I am looking forward to a week off from the craziness of work. 
I just want the snow to end and the sun and heat to return. 
Since grad school started two weeks ago, I am going to feel like I need more time when what  I really need to do is manage my time better. I need to keep telling myself it will all get done! 

Go check out Farley's Currently post: February Currently


Now here are some pictures from my room. These are a week old because last week I had meetings. 
Here are some pictures from my observation lesson. I teach the LLI Program and I added some additional parts to the lesson: 

Writing Model 
I gave the kids a vocabulary sheet and had them circle the words they used in their writing. The kids choose a photo from a bunch I had copied to write about in their journals. 


Exit Ticket
I used this to assess my students. 

In grade three the kidos read a book with the substitute. I loved all the notes she took from the student responses. My next step is to get them to take good notes using text evidence in a graphic organizer.
 

One more writing sample from a kido: 
I guess there is research on having students write without lines, but the perfectionist in me always puts lines in the kidos papers. Plus they love choosing a color from my smelly markers. I think it motivates them to write. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Starting back to school just 2 weeks ago sounds amazing! We went back 5 weeks ago. I would have LOVED to have another 3 weeks off. I'm always feeling like I need more time, too. Hopefully you're better at managing than I am!
    -Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I'm a New York blogger and coffee addict as well. I'm also looking forward to midwinter recess. I like your anchor charts.

    ReplyDelete