Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

May 15, 2016

Pictures

I have been busy the last two week. We have been reading  and writing like maniacs. Some of my students have made such growth this year, I am so proud of all their hard work.   

The first graders love these characters, so we wrote a story together. Here are few pictures from the books they made: 







 In grade 4, the students chose a fairy tale to read and then they made "most wanted villain posters."
 
I have yet to master using the panoramic setting. 



After students read a text independently I asked them to tell me one sentence about their favorite part. I write it on chart paper and they copy it. I let them take the chart paper home. Sometimes they write with markers. It is such a good motivator! 



 In grade 2 we are working on problems and solutions. 
Here is an example: 

Reading and writing nonfiction:  
 


A model for my students. Yes... proof I CANNOT draw! 


Here are a few more random pictures:




During Teacher Appreciation Week one student gave me a plant and 
another sweet kido gave me this: 
It is nice that a mom wanted to thank me for 
being her child's reading teacher. 
The cutie has come so far! 
Plus I just adore him. 

I have about six weeks of school left. It will be bittersweet. The school is closing and the teachers are all moving on to another school. I do not have a job yet for next school year. I a hopeful something will happen before the year ends. I am keeping the faith! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment