Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

May 22, 2016

Weekly Lessons and Photos

I am following the routines as best I can with all the end of the year craziness. Here are few lessons I did this past week in my classroom:

Grade 2 - We did a mini unit on compound words. We did some cut and paste activities together. Then I had the kidos doing sorts. I gave them two KEY words such as "book" and "super" and then they had to sort them into the right categories. I then asked the kidos to read he new words to me.


 

Grade 4 - I am also doing a word study unit with this group. They learned about prefixes, suffixes, synonyms, and antonyms.  Here a few pictures from my notebook which I use as a model for the kidos: 

 From a TPT seller. 



Also, the first graders are practicing their sight word. I am trying to get them to spell the words correctly. Here is what I do when the kidos first come into class. Their journals are ready. I give them 5 words to write. Then we talk about what letters they missed:

 
 

Hope everyone has a good week.... Those who are teaching & those who are already on summer vacation! 

Happy Reading ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment