I am working with a child who is starting kindergarten in the fall. This kido impresses me every time I see him. He is quiet and needs think time before answering questions. I work with him for 45 minutes. Half the session is math and the other half is reading. Here are some things I did with him today:
1. Counting Pennies - We are working on 1-20. He gets stuck with 13 but then he is fine.
2. Tracing numbers and Ten Frames
3. Identifying a number when different numbers are in a pile.
4. Phonemic Awareness - He can recognize all the letters, I am working on beginning sounds.
5. Sight words and reading Level A books.
Here are some pictures from today:
I found this from a nice website.
She has 1 -20 sheets for kidos to practice!
Book Two from the LLI Kit
Today we read it forward twice
and then backwards!
Beginning sound picture sort.
He threw me for a loop today when
he said "rabbit" and not "bunny"
He also wanted "football" under " B for ball."
I really enjoy the time I get to work with students 1:1. It is so valuable!
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!