Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

October 23, 2016

Weekly Photos

My schedule is in full swing. I have some good procedures set and the kids are working at growing as readers.

Here are some pictures from the week:

 
Sometimes I give the kidos a learning target, other days I ask
"What was today's learning target? 
The students use an exit ticket to tell me. 

 I am teaching some students with special needs this year.
I have a few kidos who have trouble with story elements. 
We practiced setting for 3 days. 

The first day the kidos worked on a sort. 
 I gave the small group different words.
They took turns sorting their words. 

 I reused my Inference poster from last year. 
I showed a video called "Partyly Cloudy" by Pixar from YouTube 
for the day one lesson. The kidos really understand inferences now! 

In the afternoon I meet with grade 5 students every other day. One my odd days, I meet with 7th graders. I am working on different vocabulary lessons with both classes. Here are my 5th graders writing different answers on the board. 



 

In grade 5 I push into classes. We are reading Esperanza Rising .  The students had to write a two voiced poem about two characters. THey then had to write two about themselves, THe teacher and I modeled one example: 


Below is the one picture I remembered to take of 7th grade work.  The students had read a text two days before. They came up with a title for the text. I had purposely covered it up when I copied the text. I asked them to highlight key details from the text. Each student was given a word from the text. They had to explain what the word meant in regards to the text.  The post it note was to write a new sentence using the word from the text. 
 

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment