Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

March 11, 2017

Ready for Spring!

It is snowing outside and there are weather warnings of a winter blast. I always tell my family to not expect spring until after March 13th. That's my birthday and ONLY ONCE was it above 60.
It snowed like this when I turned 21, so I guess a birthday blizzard is due! It is also VERY COLD! Single digits!

I was sick for two weeks and still have a lingering cough! I went to the doctor for a work note because I was so under the weather! I cannot believe it has been a few weeks since I posted classroom pictures.

This was a reading I used to teach a new strategy to my students with key vocabulary words:

I saw this on a blog I read. I thought this would be great for my students who continue to struggle with writing a detailed summary sentence.

 

 Here is the learning target I had up for the last two weeks: 

In grade 6 the classroom teacher asked me to teach a lesson on using context clues to figure out unknown words. I used this chart below to begin the lesson.
 

 
I adapted the "chunk it up" strategy (which is NOT my original idea)
We began reading about Dr. Seuss and we are finding vocabulary words related to the text.
The students will begin with a one sentence summary and them move onto a longer summary. 

  
Another learning target example


I know this is not the best picture BUT I went to see Maroon 5 this past week!
I was SO HAPPY that I felt good! 
Adam Levine is BEAUTIFUL! 
Great show! 


The 7th graders finished The Cay. I am now going to have them read about different careers and then use a neat web page to make a "FAKEBOOK" page about a career of their choosing after they do some research.

I hope everyone has a great week. Monday is my birthday!! We have district wide wellness week - yoga pants all week! Even with the snow, It will be a great week!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment