Sharing my LOVE of Literacy!

If you can read this, thank a teacher !!

May 28, 2017

What... May...

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! 

I have been so busy at school and with life! It has been so long since I wrote a post. We had state testing for two weeks which zaps my creative teaching juices - not to mention the students wanting to read once they tests are over for the day! 

I am enjoying y three day weekend. Today I spent some time planting some flowers to make my patio pretty for summer.  
Here are two pictures: 

 

I had to substitute teach in the 5th grade classroom I push into for reading. It was fun. Every time I teach the class, I miss having my own room and kids. I did a fun lesson where the kids had to answer a question on a post it note: 

 

The students choose a book (that was not a movie. LOL) and I talked about the antagonist. The made Most Wanted Villain posters: 


Three of the best ones! 

I actually made a power point of six of the best posters for the other 5th grade class I work with when I push in for reading. They are bringing their posters in this coming week. I hope to take a few photos.

I have 18 days of teaching left. I have mixed feelings about it. This happens every year because I do not have my forever school job. I have been a year long temporary teacher for the last 3 years. I love being in middle school. I hope I get to go back next year! 

I hope everyone enjoys their three day weekend! 
Happy Reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment