Sharing my love of literacy

January 18, 2010

Read Aloud


I went to a book store this weekend that is closing. I found three beautiful hard covered children's books for the price of one. Teachers (especially ME) LOVE a great DEAL! Here is one of my great finds!!!

Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson was one of my fabulous finds! Beautiful illustrations and a fun story! It is a cold snowy night and various animals find their way into Bear's den. They begin to share food and a potluck begins. Then the bear wakes up to find their was a party without him. He begins to cry because he was sleeping though it! But don't worry, bear joins the fun!

Teaching Ideas
1. This is a great book for a reader's theater!
2. Great for cause and effect lessons.
3. The text has a rhyming pattern.
4. The language also has examples of onomatopoeia.
5. There is also two great websites with more ideas to use with this book:

BearSnoresOn 
karmawilson 

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment