Sharing my love of literacy

January 28, 2016

Observation Photos

Now here are some pictures from my room. These are a week old because last week I had meetings. 
Here are some pictures from my observation lesson. I teach the LLI Program and I added some additional parts to the lesson: 

Writing Model 
I gave the kids a vocabulary sheet and had them circle the words they used in their writing. The kids choose a photo from a bunch I had copied to write about in their journals. 


Exit Ticket
I used this to assess my students. 

In grade three the kidos read a book with the substitute. I loved all the notes she took from the student responses. My next step is to get them to take good notes using text evidence in a graphic organizer.
 

One more writing sample from a kiddo: 
I guess there is research on having students write without lines, but the perfectionist in me always puts lines in the kidos papers. Plus they love choosing a color from my smelly markers. I think it motivates them to write. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment