Sharing my love of literacy

January 5, 2019

Where Have I Been?

Hello 2019! 
I have been MIA in the blog world. I did not have much to write about in September because I was job hunting. My yearly ritual. 🙄 I went on so many interviews through the summer and the month of September, I was feeling so frustrated. 

In October I had applied for a reading job and after an intense interview process, I was hired. I am teaching reading to grades 2-5 for the rest of the 2018-2019 school year. It is wonderful. I love the school, the kids, the coworkers, and the job. Literacy is my passion and I am so happy in my teacher life. 

Starting a new job is always overwhelming and crazy, so before I knew it two months had flown by and it was Winter Break. 

Now it is January and I am back to work. I plan to enjoy every day and be grateful for this job. As I say a lot, "I am a renter of the classroom and the job for the year, but it's heaven!" 

Here's a quick pic of an Open and Closed Syllable Sort I did one day in the classroom:
 

 Here's another quick pic: 
I hope everyone is enjoying the new year. I will try and post more! 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment