Sharing my love of literacy

May 10, 2010

My Favorite Graphic Organizer

There is a graphic organizer that I love. When I taught 4th grade I used it across the curriculum. It was my favorite! Every year around March my students would beg, "Please NO MORE !! "

It just has SO MANY possibilities, that I always use it again and again! 

It is the T-Chart!

I have used the T-chart to introduce part of speech. I pass out index card of examples and non-examples. Then we discuss or correct the chart as a class. The T-chart works great for pros and cons in ANY subject. It is a perfect way to get kids to think about various points of view. Compare and contrast is another way to use a T-chart.



I have used a T-chart to teach my students visualization strategies, to write poetry, to take notes during a listening comprehension activity, to compare two characters, books, and settings! Do you have a favorite organizer? 





Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment