Sharing my love of literacy

December 13, 2015

Weekly Photos

It;s a busy time of year! Here are some photos from he week: 

 Vowel Patterns in Grade 1 
Using the LLI Reading Kit 

I challenged kids this week to come up with words using vowels. 
We also have done consonant blends. 

This week I am finishing up the nonfiction text - If You Lived in America as a Slave. The kids are going to make small posters. 

More work on building fluency in grade 1. I think I have a student that is going to move out of my group! I made some response prompts for the book The True and False Book of Dogs for my grade 3 reading group.  I have a big unit I am working on for Jan. with them, so for the next  classes, my focus is reading and developing more word attack skills. 

I hope everyone has a nice week. Some of you lucky teachers only have a few days left. I work until the 23th! YIKES! 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment