Sharing my love of literacy

January 15, 2017

Happy Sunday


I feel like I just posted my weekly photos. I had a busy week - one day we had an assembly and another day I sat in on CSE meetings. I finished teaching my RACE unit. Now I am going to have the kiddos respond to a nonfiction text using the RACE strategy.

I only had time to take three photos this past week. Here they are:

 This is the literacy term sort I made for all grade levels. These are the terms we worked on from September to December.
 Here are my grade 7 learning targets from last week. 

 
This was what the kiddos saw before they color coded my answer. 

I have a nice four day work week. I have AM committee meetings for two of the days. I am now in my 3rd year of teaching 5th grade reading and I feel like I am in a nice groove. I am still learning lessons for grade 7. Sometimes I enjoy those kids, and other days, I would much rather see my 5th graders all day every day. One thing is for sure, I am always learning! 

Have a fantastic week!
Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment